8.19.2007

Lumpy

Let's discuss, shall we? Med school applications are mad un-fun. Here I am within reach of completion and I can not focus.

If you're not savvy, the process goes like this:
1. Starting early June you can submit a common-app type first round called AMCAS
2. Then you wait for all the millions of schools (13 for me, though that's lower than average) you applied to to send you secondary applications. These have ranged from Mayo's "send us $85 bucks then we'll talk" to UMN Duluth's 15 odd essay question behemoth of an application.
3. Then you make sure you got all the random pieces in an spend the next eight months hoping someone will interview you and let you in.

It is honestly hard to say if that whole making the world a better place/saving lives thing is worth all this, not to mention the $2000 it's costing just to apply. Not to mention that, oh, you know, med school is supposed to be hard and the er $90,000 odd dollars worth of debt most kids peace out with.

In any case, the essay I'm not writing today, and indeed haven't been writing for a couple of weeks, is Brown's charming "what is your best attribute?" question. Despite my absurdly high self-esteem, I do feel somewhat douchey trying to answer this question. Not to mention the amount of work it's taking to appease my desire to be clever about the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment