4.27.2009

I DID IT I DID IT

I finally cleaned out my email inbox! OMG this has been weighing down on my for maybe two months. So totally absurd that I could be weighed down by my email inbox, but true nonetheless! As my number of unread emails bounced between 200 and 400 I was starting to go slowly insane and constantly anxious that those messages held important information that I was just simply ignoring.

In the end, I didn't miss much by reading only the subject lines. After a valiant struggle, I have zero unread emails. ZERO.

Ok, whoa. I got two emails while writing that short paragraph (see why this is so hard for me??). I have now dealt with those two emails and I am back to zero. WHEW.

In other news: I finished our wedding invitations today. For whatever reason we have ended up sending them out in waves as we finished gluing them together. The final batch is enveloped and stamped. Another huge weight off of our shoulders. To be totally fair and with the giving credit where it's due stuff: Lion did the vast majority of the work.

It is always amazing to me how good it feels to accomplish tasks you've been putting off. Why is it that I can be smart at some things and yet rendered so miserable by procrastination?

Similarly, there are about 100 pairs of scrubs bound for a medical school in Nepal currently hanging on my clothesline. When was I supposed to get those washed? Hmmm.... December?

No comments:

Post a Comment